- The dates for the innaugral Rutland CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival have been leaked to us here at Rockingham Forest Cider. Make a note in your diaries for the weekend of 23rd - 26th June. A wide range of beers, ciders, and perrys are promised, including something fruity from the Rockingham Forest Cider cellar. Venue is the Rutland County Museum in Oakham. More details when we've got 'em.
- Don't forget, we'll have cider and/or perry available at both the Leicester CAMRA Beer Festival (9th - 12th March), and the Hucknall Beer Festival (11th - 13th February) c/o our friends in the North, Ray & Gail of Torkard Cider.
- 30 (that's Three-Oh!) Ciders and Perrys are promised at this years Swan & Rushes Cider & Cheese jamboree in Leicester. Start date for this cracking day out is 29th April, continuing until the last crumb has been nibbled. Toast the Royal nuptials with a drop of Prince Williams favourite, and a truckle of what does a Princess good. Check the Swan & Rushes website nearer the date for the all important cider, perry, and cheese listings.
- Coming soon: Fun Cider Photo Competition. Have a good rummage through your hard-drive, and post your best (clean!) images from the 2010 cidermaking season to the 2011 Cider Workshop Photographic Challenge. For more details and where to upload your images, watch this space....
- 'Leicester Tigers thrash Northampton Saints in 12-try demolition job....' says Mystic Mark earlier today.
- Wikio Blog Ranking slips to all-time-low..... Bah!
Thursday, 6 January 2011
Ciderhouse News - January
Things are fizzing away gently in the ciderhouse, and the time for racking the perry off its sediment draws ever closer. Once again I'm having to buy more fermenters as we've filled every available tub, and have nothing to rack into. Full tasting notes coming soon, meanwhile, here's latest news: