I've been muddling along with the Fiat Punto of Hydrometers, much the same as most small-scale cidermakers, for far too long. So when the missus asked me what I wanted for my Birthday, well there really was no competition. Needless to say, she wouldn't buy me the Voran Apple Washing & Milling Elevator, so a fancy new Hydrometer had to suffice, and what a Hydrometer it is. Here's the Spec:
- Measurement range from 1.000 - 1.070.
- 2.5 times more accurate than standard homebrew instrument.
- Certificate of Conformance guarantees accuracy.
- Lead Shot and Red Resin look more professional.
- err... It's bigger, so it must be better.
So there you have it. I'm just itching to dip this sleek instrument into my juice, and if you listen carefully you'll hear the unmistakable sound of Craft Cidermakers the length and breadth of the country, turning quite literally Green with Envy at the thought.