38 out of 78 Beer & Wine Blogs.... humph!
Our dreams of a top 20 entry in the Beer & Wine rankings are fading fast....
I suppose we can console ourselves knowing we're the No.1 exclusively cider related blog....
Such disappointment calls for drastic and inventive measures. As of today, and updated only very occasionally, I give you the all-new, no beers or wines allowed, Mark-io & Karen-io's Cider Blog Rankings. Ta-dah!
I'm basing the rankings on an entirely arbitrary, and largely incomprehensible matrix of spurious fact and one-eyed opinion. A complex list which may or may not include Blog Activity, the presence of Nice Pics, overall Quality of Posts, Keeping On-Topic, and perhaps most importantly, Gratuities Received. My judgement is final, and generally speaking the No.1 spot can always be considered a done deal, so no blubbing or taking it all too seriously if your blog doesn't get the plaudits you think it deserves. It's never likely to on here to be honest! So here we go, the innaugral top 10 Cider Blog Rankings, as judged by me:
Top 10 CIDER BLOG RANKINGS for March/April
1. Rockingham Forest Cider - Another fine collection of first rate posts. Excellent use of gratuities. Bravo!
2. Real Cider - Jim's excellent website pipped at the post by a far, far better Blog. Better luck next time mate (might be worth considering some gratuities!)
3. An Autumn Response - Outstanding cider related posts, particularly considering it's not even a cider blog!
4. Torkard Cider - A last minute flurry after months of inactivity boosts ranking, but solar energy doesn't cut it here Ray! (Damson Vodka gratefully received...)
5. The Cidermaking Year - Another steady, solid performance from Dorset's finest. More pics/gratuities please
=6. James Russell - More quality cider posts from a non-cider based blog. Well done sir!
=6. Once Upon A Tree - Some very nice pics. A few cidery backhanders would help with this ranking.
7. Olivers Cider & Perry - Mr Oliver. I am not worthy to judge thee... more pics/gratuities please
8. 146 Cider - Started well, then stopped. Come on Jez, buck-up!
9. Mahorall Cider - Regular posts, but a little too much Landrover and Fencing fun for my liking. More pics/gratuities please
10. Perry Cider - Started well, but gathering dust of late. Excellent cider though (we accept bottled gratuities too you know...)
Didn't make it into the top 10 this time? You know what you need to do...